Saturday, September 27, 2014

Street League

If someone told me a year ago that I would be working for Street League Skateboarding and working with the elite skateboarders and some of the greats in the industry, I probably laughed and told them yeah right.

So here's the run down. The day after my 23rd birthday, I was officially hired to be part of the most well known skateboarding league! I was so excited because they actually flew me out to Chicago that same week I got hired for the first stop of the tour! Holy shit balls. Pardon my language. But seriously, how many people get the opportunity to be hired and get flown out within days of getting hired? It was seriously a dream come true.

A lot of people say that I got lucky. They may be right, but I worked my butt off during college and got random internships and jobs to get a head start in the marketing field. But the experiences that shine a light in my resume was probably working at Zumiez and interning for Transworld Media. No lie, Street League was not my intended job while I was in college, but with the experiences I was gaining, it led me straight to it.

Shit is dope.



No comments:

Post a Comment